Games that have been developed to be used on social media platforms such as Facebook have generally been popular amongst a certain target market and it would seem slot game developers are looking to take advantage of those trends to entice new players.
As we conducted our Sugar Pop game review, we managed to find that there were some resemblances to hit social games Candy Crush Saga and Bejeweled Blitz. This is not a bad thing, though, as the two have been hugely popular and it would not be a surprise to see this BetSoft title become just as popular!
This particular BetSoft slot game goes against the norm that the developer would usually produce, although it makes for a nice change. The traditional five-reel, x-paylines format appears to have been pushed to the side with his game as it works on a format that features multiple levels, cascading reels and an all-ways pays mechanism.
Players can get involved in the action with spins for as little as €0.50 and for as much as €250, therefore providing an opportunity for bettors with all bank budgets. Other customisable game buttons include a ‘Max Bet’ function, as well as an ‘Autoplay’ feature – both rather self-explanatory.
There are a number of different colorful sweets available for players to try and form winning combinations with. This happens when three pieces are matched – either horizontally or vertically – and will continue until no other wins can be formed. Once a win is formed, they will disappear and make room for more pieces of candy!
There are an abundance of SugarPop bonuses available to players in this game, with a large number of them coming from the ‘Special Candies’ that can be formed in the base game. On each spin to be made, players have the chance to make these ‘Special Candies’ and then activate their own unique features – although these will only be triggered when a win is formed.
Here are what features can be triggered and what the potential rewards are if achieved:
- Super Color – This feature is triggered when four or more of the same colour are matched, with the winning symbol being turned into the ‘Super Color’. If the color is then matched on the same spin, a multiplier will be won.
- Color Bomb – Match five of the same colors together, a ‘Color Bomb’ will be produced and it will clear the whole grid by exploding the reels.
- Candy Cane – Only available to players who are on level 10 or higher. When a candy cane is landed on any of the reels, it will explode all of the candies on the same row and column.
- Cotton Candy – Only available to bettors on level 20 or higher, the Cotton Candy symbol will sweep away other symbols to try and help form winning combinations via the use of a tornado.
- Jelly Beans – Jelly Beans are available to those players who have managed to reach level 12. This Jelly Bean will fly across the screen and land on the reels, exploding anything it touches. Between 1-5 Jelly Beans are awarded in this feature.
- Caramel Chew – Caramel lovers need not worry about missing out on the action as the ‘Caramel Chew’ bonus round is available to players from level 2. This feature will see the sticky substance chew away at everything that gets in its way.
- Gum Drop – A Gum Drop can be triggered by those at level 6 or above and this will see the gumdrop suck up a number of candies on the board.
- Lollipop – The lollipop feature is available to all players and will appear at the end of a base game when a lollipop is hit. This will provide players with a second chance of winning as it rearranges the reels.
- Chocolate – SugarPop would be incomplete without chocolate, therefore it is unsurprising that there is a chocolate bonus feature. Land a piece of chocolate and a 3×3 box will appear that will then melt other symbols and provide space for new ones to enter the game.
- Jawbreaker – A jawbreaker symbol is available to those from level 8 and higher and provides players the opportunity to crush more symbols to make way for others.
- White Chocolate – Lastly, but not least, the last sweet treat to be in this slot game is the White Chocolate treat. This provides players with the opportunity to complete winning combinations by launching almonds into the grid in order to smash old pieces of candy and transform them into new ones.
How to Level Up in the Candy Slot Game
There was mention of players being able to reach certain levels within SugarPop and this will happen automatically. There is a ‘Level Up’ meter on the right side of the reels and this will fill up with the winning combinations made. There are four different worlds to try and conquer, whilst there are a maximum of 20 levels.
Bonus Pattern Feature
Another SugarPop bonus feature is the ‘Bonus Pattern’ feature. This is triggered when specific patterns are formed on the grid in regards to forming certain winning combinations. If players are able to achieve the patterns required, a number of points will be awarded to help increase the aforementioned ‘Level Up’ meter.
RTP (return to player)
BetSoft’s SugarPop has a return to player (RTP) rate of 97.7%, which is rather generous and one that certainly adds to the fun that can be had with this slot game!